- 00:08 Interview Starts
- 00:47 How do you lead change in large organizations?
- 02:17 Is the biggest impediment to Agile really culture change? How do you do that at scale?
- 03:00 What is getting in the way of culture?
- 04:16 I can change my attitude and value system, but will the organization support that changed attitude and belief?
- 04:51 The mindset shift is just the starting point
- 07:15 How do you get 1,000 people to simultaneously have a mindset shift and then know what to go do
- 07:42 Is the industry still stuck? How do we get past wanting Agile to being able to do Agile?
- 08:12 A positive Agile culture has to be reinforced
- 10:07 The difference between culture and the basic actions you should do
- 11:29 Can you have the behavior without the culture system shift?
- 13:29 Can you use the mechanics to reach a desired end state without worrying about becoming Agile?
- 15:35 Where does Mike see the industry going in 2017?
- 19:49 Does the organization really need to understand how Agile works or can someone coach the organization into an Agile state?
- 22:02 How does the organization recognize the fundamentals of what needs to be changed to achieve Organizational Agility?
- 24:18 Does having data that explains the problem help strengthen the case for change?
- 25:10 Your organization is deeply flawed.
- 26:41 How are we going to measure that the problem was indeed solved?
- 28:07 The organizations are broken. Teaching them to want something is not enough. At some point you have to do the work.
- 30:00 If we teach culture change will people really self organize in the presence of constraints
- 31:19 Should everyone be more disruptive? Who designs the structure to support that?
- 32:18 Is there a point where you need to be more directive to help people become more Agile?
- 33:04 We are so myopically focused on self organization.
- 34:02 If i am an executive with limited time to learn and research, what do I focus on?
- 35:18 The problem is that people are overselling how Agile can work.
- 38:35 Do you want to do Agile on a team, or do you want to become an Agile organization?
- 39:08 How Agile do you need to be?
- 43:57 The music Mike has been listening to lately and is looking forward to listening to.
- 45:05 The one thing Mike wishes all the clients knew before he got into the room.
- 46:41 Closeout
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey http://amzn.to/2jUektH
- Christian Self-Mastery by B.W. Maturin http://amzn.to/2jU0cjZ
- The Structure of Scientific Revolutions by Thomas Kuhn http://amzn.to/2jzO4DL
Reaching Mike If you’d like to know more about Mike, or reach him with follow up questions: http://bit.ly/2kvoOyo
Feedback/Questions/Reaching Dave If you have comments on the podcast, or have questions for the LeadingAgile coaches that you’d like to have addressed in a future episode of LeadingAgile’s SoundNotes, you can reach Dave at email@example.com
LeadingAgile CSM and CSPO Classes For information on LeadingAgile’s upcoming public CSM and CSPO classes, please go to: https://www.leadingagile.com/our-gear/training/