Before the pandemic hit, one of my favorite parts of the summer was going to the Agile Conference and doing podcast interviews with the speakers and thought leaders who were there. Each year, one of the very best moments of each Agile Conference was when I would get to sit down and talk with Troy Magennis.
It’s been two summers.
I miss talking to Troy.
So I reached out and he was kind enough to spare some time for an interview.
During the conversation, we cover a number of topics, including:
- Is it actually possible for a team to become predictable?
- What gets in the way of predictability?
- What is BlockedApp and why did he create it?
- Which constraints are the most important ones to start with?
- Who is responsible for acting as the scientist of flow?
- Why are we still so focused on utilization and output instead of results?
- Why do we all need to know CPR?