Thursday, February 05, 2015

Meditating Project Managers

Steve Winters and Matt Payton are Digital Project Managers who work MetalToad. One of the coolest things they are working on right now is a series of experiments they are planning for 2015. Each month they're going to change up something specific in how they live and work to see what impact it has. In January they've decided to take on meditating for 20 minutes each day.  I am going to join Steve and Matt and commit to meditating for at least 20 minutes each day during January and I want to challenge you and other PMs to join us as well.

If you'd like to check out the interview I did with Steve about the experiments you can find it here.

And if you'd like to read his blog post on what they have planned for 2015, you can check that out here.

Steve mentions in the post that one of the reasons he thinks meditation will be beneficial is that PMs have a lot of stress in their lives and this could be a great way to help with that.  He's right. It will. I've been meditating almost daily for close to 10 years now and it has had a MASSIVE positive impact on every corner of my life.

If you're interested in participating, please reach out to Steve and let him know you be joining in. We'll be using Insight Timer and there will probably be an Insight Timer Meditation group set up for meditating PMs so we can all offer each other support.

If you're skeptical about meditation and can't really see the point of sitting and still and not doing anything for 20 minutes a day, you might want to check out this, or this, or this.

One of my teachers once said something to me about meditation that has stuck with me and seems more true every day. She said, "I sit every day because of what happens when I don't." 

No comments:

Post a Comment