In this interview Devin Hedge and I dig into some of the research he has been doing around the impact of Digital Transformation, how it impacts consumers and the role that things like Agile and Design Thinking play in helping companies move from an analog way of managing their work to a completely digital way of managing their work.
- 00:08 Interview Begins
- 00:47 Introduction to the topic of Digital Transformation
- 01:58 Defining Digital Transformation
- 04:19 Is there conflict between digital transformation and the goal of having greater empathy for other humans
- 05:38 Using the Apple Store as a way to dig into the digital vs. deep empathy connection
- 08:03 Our addiction to the dopamine hit we get from our devices and our need to increase the hit
- 09:48 Are we letting our desire for the “hit” drive decisions which lead to inefficient business practices?
- 10:39 How the articles in management magazines drive the pursuit of increasing the frequency and depth of the hit
- 12:55 Hopper in the tunnels = Stickiness
- 14:02 How are Design Thinking and Agile actually helping?
- 18:45 Can developing a level of comfort with constant change also become an addictive hit?
- 20:17 The constant influx of information can be valuable in some respects and have a deeply negative impact in others.
- 24:45 Agile can provide a set of tools to hope us cope with change
- 27:43 What are the challenges of creating a culture where change is the only constant?
- 30:54 Devin wanders into Dangerous Territory!
- 35:56 The tools and techniques we use are not destinations. They are ways to deliver more value faster.
- 37:25 Why we need a User Centric approach
- 40:10 Summarizing the conversation
- 41:42 How to get in touch with Devin
- 42:16 Podcast Ends
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/devinhedge/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/devinhedge
- Web: http://devinhedge.com
Post a Comment