You’ll find details on the current version of CSP here:
In order to quality for CSP there are a number of requirements that must be met including earning 70 Scrum Education Units (SEUs).
With the pending change, I have been recommending to all my CSM and CSPO students that they apply for CSP as soon as possible in order to beat the deadline. Many of them have come back with questions about how to earn the SEUs required for the CSP designation.
In this podcast, Scrum Alliance Director of Global Leaning and Assessment, Erika Massie and Scrum Alliance Learning Coordinator, Cody Wanberg break down the changes to the CSP certification, the timeline for the change AND we talk though different ways to attain the required SEU’s before the deadline.
It’s a short podcast, so no actual show notes for this one. Just a few things to keep in mind…
- In order to qualify for CSP before the change you must have your completed application submitted to the Scrum Alliance before it becomes 2018 in Denver.
- Once you submit, the turnaround time you should expect is 8 weeks.
Here are a few of the ways you can earn SEUs…
- Watch the CST facilitated webinars on the Scrum Alliance website. There are 19 of these and they are an hour each. If you watch them all, you’ll earn 19 SEUs.
- Watch the Scrum Foundations e-learning series to earn 1 SEU.
- If you took a CSM or CSPO, each class is worth 16 SEUs. If you’ve taken both, that is 32. AND, if you’ve taken CSM or CSPO more than once, you get the 16 for each time you take the class.
- During the interview, Cody and Erika explain that listening to something like the Agile Uprising’s Manifesto Author Review podcast series could be submitted under Category E - Independent Learning. You get 1 SEU for each hour of time spent listening. It is a great series and I highly recommend it. You an find it here.
- There are a number of additional ways to earn SEUs and you can find that detailed on the Scrum Alliance site. https://www.scrumalliance.org/certifications/practitioners/csp-certification/ways-to-earn-seus