In this interview, James Gifford took some time away from coaching and his work on the Agile Uprising to talk about why the conversation should really be about how “Descaling the Enterprise”.
- 00:10 Podcast Begins
- 00:44 The work James is doing now
- 01:45 Finding a job that provides you with a lab where you can run experiments
- 04:05 When you are coaching, how do you maintain the “child mind” when you walk in the door
- 06:10 Do you need to be technical to be a good Agile Coach?
- 07:41 What’s new at The Agile Uprising
- 12:50 Descaling the Enterprise
- 14:30 Making the argument for changing the dynamic of how we look at and structure companies
- 19:11 Have you ever seen anyone tasked with creating flow through the entire organization?
- 23:17 Making the case for descaling OVER simply buying a scaling solution
- 25:10 How long does it take to implement the cultural and organizational change a descaling approach requires?
- 27:27 How do you convince the “C” level to buy into the upheaval a descaling approach will involve (over just buying the promise of a scaling solution.)
- 29:51 Two leverage points: 1. Scaling didn’t work, but we want what it was supposed to give us, 2. your business is threatened and you need a better response
- 30:50 How do you measure progress while you are descaling?
- 36:36 If you want more on this topic, please let us know!
- 37:00 How to contact James
- 38:52 Podcast Ends
LINKS FROM THE PODCASTAgile Uprising Links
Coalition (The Message Board): https://coalition.agileuprising.com
Manifesto Author Review Podcasts: http://podcast.agileuprising.com/manifesto-author-review/
Lean Agile Intelligence
CONTACTING JAMESEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post a Comment